Muckmedden, organisers of fun-packed, family-friendly mountain bike events, have announced that they will be offering discounts of up to 30% on all race and festival entries until Tuesday 01 March 2016.
Aaron Gray of Muckmedden said:
“It’s always a fine balance between offering high quality events and keeping the entry fees as low as possible and I feel we’re managing it again this year.
“2016 looks set to be another great season with some really exciting new ideas in the making and some great new sponsors on board. As always our entrants can expect great facilities, amazing trails and the super-friendly vibe our events are well-known for.”
Early Bird tickets to Cream o’ the Croft ‘Scotland’s Mountain Bike Festival’ are currently available and were due to end on 31 January but that deadline has now been extended to 01 March in line with all Muckmedden’s 2016 events.
Discounted tickets to Forfar Funduro, which will now be held on Saturday 17 September to accommodate the Scottish XC Mountain Bike Championships at Angus Cycling Festival, will go on sale on 01 February, along with Fair City Enduro and Falkirk Funduro.
The special Early Bird offers are only available until 01 March when standard prices will resume and organisers are urging riders to make the most of the price drop.
“In addition to the discounted race entries we are also offering 33% off the new Muckmedden race jerseys which we’ve just had custom designed in Scotland by Ride It Clothing. As well as looking slick, they are top notch quality with neat touches such as internal goggle wipe, pit vents and zipped pockets. I can’t wait to see them out on the trails at our events!”
The Muckmedden programe of events for 2016:
- Friday 17 – Sunday 19 June – Cream o’ the Croft “Scotland’s Mountain Bike Festival”, Comrie Croft Trail Centre, Hostel and Campsite, Perthshire
- Saturday 17 September – Forfar Funduro, Reid Park, Forfar – Multi-stage Enduro with Dual Slalom spectator stage, Saturday 17 – Sunday 18 September
- 22 October – Fair City Enduro, South Inch, Perth – A city based Enduro with Halloween themed fancy dress
- 26 November – Falkirk Funduro, Callendar Estate, Falkirk – A day and a night Enduro
For more details on the Muckmedden Events 2016 schedule – see notes to editors below or go to http://www.muckmedden.co.uk/
For downloadable images of all the Muckmedden Events go to: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4n3eep8ynjrmw9a/AAD5kIakhQbD_te-NERayVnda?dl=0
Follow Muckmedden on Twitter – @muckmedden / https://twitter.com/muckmedden
Notes to Editors:
The Muckmedden Events programme 2016
Cream o’ the Croft Bike Festival – #COTC
Comrie Croft trail network, Perthshire – Friday 17 – Sunday 19 June 2016
“Great trails and a fantastic atmosphere, Muckmedden know how to throw a party!” – Enduro MTB Magazine
- Celebrate Comrie Croft Bikes’ 10th anniversary with an action packed weekend of fun filled family entertainment, both on and off the bike.
- The grin inducing mash up Enduro will be the main focus of the weekend with classes for ages 14 to 50+. Timed stages ranging from bike park skills and a cross-country sprint to dual slalom, a hill climb and red and black downhill sections will find the true all rounder, the ‘Cream o’ the trails network’. For 2016 the Under 14’s “Mini-Enduro” on Sunday will be a miniature version of the main race with chip-timing.
- Earlybird tickets on sale now until Mar 1st – see website for details
- Multi-ticket discounts are available as well as accommodation upgrades to Nordic Katas and Hostel rooms.
- A bus service (capable of carrying bikes) will pick festival goers up from some of Scotland’s major train stations (TBC).
- Even more family-friendly attractions, kids races, bike tests, film screenings, pond jump, best trick, live bands, push-bike drag race, street performers and mini-shows in the 2016 line up.
- ‘Scotland’s Mountain Bike Festival’
Forfar Funduro #Forfar #Funduro
Reid Park, Forfar – Saturday 17 September 2016
The centrepiece of The Angus Cycling Festival – Saturday 17 – Sunday 18 September
“Simply outrageous fun!” – Enduro MTB Magazine
- Now in it’s third year
- Voted one of the best courses in Scotland in Muckmedden’s recent rider survey
- Rider numbers doubled from 2014 to 2015 and look set to rise significantly further in 2016.
- Angus Cycling Festival also features the Big Tree Campervans Youth MTB Series and the National Scottish Cross Country Mountain Bike Championships.
Fair City Enduro #FCE
South Inch, Perth – 22 October 2016
“A spectacular event that could easily happen more than once a year!” – Wideopenmag
- The sell-out event returns for a fourth successive year
- City centre based event village featuring family-friendly facilities, bike tracks, demo bikes and activities.
- Halloween fancy dress theme
- The event is supported by Scottish Power Mini-Downhill Series on the 23 October
Falkirk Funduro #Falkirk #Funduro
Callendar Estate, Falkirk – 26 November 2016
“Another amazing Muckmedden event! It was epic racing the stages in the dark!” – Neil Macdonald (2015 Entrant)
- Day & Night Funduro returns to the ever expanding trail network of Callendar Estate, Falkirk, for a second outing after entries sold out in 2015.
- 350+ riders ranging from under 3’s and up in 2015
- After the success of the inaugural event Bespoke Community Development Company are now looking to extend the Callendar Estate trails network further in time for the 2016 event.
For info on Muckmedden Events – http://www.muckmedden.co.uk/